- Former professional tennis player (11 years): ATP singles rank 279, ATP doubles rank 57; Davis Cup squad; Former British No. 1 Doubles Player; last 16 Wimbledon Men’s Doubles
- Career wins over 14 Grand Slam champions, including Rafael Nadal, John McEnroe and the Bryan brothers
- Coach at Queen’s Club (4 years): Private, Adult Groups, Senior Club Team Training, Junior Squads
- LTA men’s touring coach: Providing Davis Cup players and Top 50 ATP players specialist support on and off court including match and video analysis
- Norfolk County player and All England Club member
- Performance coach currently undertaking MPC (level 5)
As Director of Tennis, James is responsible for developing highly engaging and flexible tennis coaching methods for all ages and abilities; from 3-year old Tots to experienced veterans. He trains every Premier Tennis coach, and is always working on new and effective ways to get the best out of tennis learners.