Clubs are the heartbeat of tennis in this country. Many have long histories of serving their communities, providing a focal point for social tennis and competitive matches, as well as a place to relax with friends.
Some are blessed with new or recently refurbished facilities, some are not. Some have thriving tennis programmes, some find it harder to deliver tennis across all ages and abilities. Each tennis club is unique, defined by its membership and its local environment.
A tennis club is one of the oldest and best ways to improve your game, and enjoy competing against other players. Many of the Premier Tennis coaches and staff team have grown up playing regularly at their local club, and discovered a passion and love for the sport that has continued into later life.
We work with tennis clubs around the UK to keep improving the quality of their coaching and variety of services they offer. Use the sections further below to read about some of the clubs we work with, and why not sign up for the next open day?
For clubs - Premier Tennis club services
At Premier Tennis, our goal is to serve tennis clubs – whatever their resources – by raising the bar in the delivery of their tennis programmes. In order to meet the ever-changing needs of club members, we offer a managed solution designed to improve multiple aspects of club services and member outreach.
Read the 'Premier Tennis Club Services' section below to see the full range of services we could offer your club.
Onslow Village Lawn Tennis Club was started in 1922 by a group of tennis enthusiasts and continue to be a club run by members for the benefit of members.
We are a small friendly club within a mile from the centre of Guildford, committed to playing tennis and encouraging everyone at all levels to enjoy their game. We play all year round on our well-maintained all-weather floodlit tennis courts.
We have regular club evenings and afternoons or, for the more competitive, we have teams in several local leagues. We have a comprehensive junior coaching programme and coaching for adults on an individual basis. We also have regular social activities and a very popular Quiz Night each Autumn.
We love to see new faces, so please do visit us (with your racket) for a Saturday afternoon club session (2pm to 5pm) and meet other members and have a game.
Premier Tennis has partnered with several clubs in the UK to improve their coaching and services for members. In some cases it has also helped grow their membership with outreach strategies. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Research amongst members to identify requirements, successes and opportunities for improvement
- Recruitment, training and mentoring of coaching team
- Design, delivery and on-going monitoring of tennis up-to-date programmes for all ages and abilities (tots, mini tennis, cardio tennis, tennis express, holiday camps, private lessons, groups, leagues and ladders, etc.)
- Promotion and administration of programmes for existing members
- Marketing support for new members
- Linking with local schools and other stakeholder groups to present the club and deliver tennis to new audiences
- Sharing of best practice
- Regular reports to Tennis Committee/Club Board
- Presentations and sharing of insights to members
In any partnership, timing is important. The opportunities to discuss partnering with Premier Tennis might be:
- When searching for a new head coach
- In anticipation of or following a facilities upgrade
- When appraising current tennis programmes
- In order to energise and mentor the existing coaching team
At Premier Tennis, we are passionate about tennis and proud to have a team that has held management and senior coaching positions at a variety of well-respected tennis clubs. If you would like to find out more about what we can offer, in confidence and without obligation, call us on 01865 689754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you to talk tennis!